Wellbeing Tips and Links – How I’m Protecting My Mental Health During The Lockdown
We are all going through one of the most surreal and uncertain times that we will ever experience. Understandably, it is going to be difficult to process the change in our day to day lives. But it is really important for our minds that we keep some normality in our lives. I am no expert on the matter, but I know what is helping me to deal with the situation. So here are some things I am doing.
- When you get up, get dressed and ready for the day as you usually would if you were leaving the house. Create a routine, set aside time for learning and relaxation.
- Exercise, there are so many amazing, free things being shared online and different apps and YouTube channels. You can definitely find something you will enjoy.
- Check in with your friends and family, the amount of love that I have felt even over the last week is over whelming. It’s very uplifting to realise how much you mean to people when you know you’re all going through a tough time. Bloco are here for you too so please check in with us if you even need to.
I also work for Barnardo’s and the Mental Health Champion for my team shared some of the links below that you may find helpful.
- 7 science-based strategies to cope with coronavirus anxiety – http://theconversation.com/7-science-based-strategies-to-cope-with-coronavirus-anxiety-133207
- Mind – Coronavirus – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- Looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak – https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak
- World Health Organisation – Coronavirus & Mental Health – https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/mental-health-considerations.pdf?sfvrsn=6d3578af_8
- NHS – Mental wellbeing audio guides – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/moodzone-mental-wellbeing-audio-guides/
- NHS – Stress, Anxiety & Depression – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/
- Covid-19: managing your mental and financial wellbeing –https://www.moneyandmentalhealth.org/covid-19-mental-financial-wellbeing/
- Mental Health Europe: Coronavirus: 8 ways to look after your mental health – https://www.mhe-sme.org/covid-19/
We are only ever a message or phone call away. Also, we will be starting some online activities soon, so get involved!