Kinetika Bloco Coronavirus Status statement
So, things have got a little crazy hey! During this current outbreak of COVID-19, we have unfortunately had to postpone our Kinetika Bloco activity. We know that music, creativity, social contact and connecting is hugely important for you, our young people. But we also know that we need to help be a part of the solution to stop this virus spreading. So, we have postponed all activity from now until after the Easter holidays for now. We will continue to monitor and listen to the government and will keep you updated as to how things will progress.
We will work with our team to look at ways we can continue to connect with you and do work through online platforms, so please keep looking at our social media outlets and website for details. And please get in touch with us if you have any questions or just want to have a chat.
Here are a few key things to remember from us to you:
- We are here for you. We believe in you. We are family.
- It is important to keep your mind and spirit well at this time as well as your body
- You now have loads of time to go practice your craft and become the best musician, dancer, designer, whatever you can be. Switch off the TV and practice, practice, practice.
- Leadership is one of our core values – now is your time to be a leader in your family, your community, your peer group – help them deal with this. Great practice if you have done our leadership programme already, and great preparation for when we hold the next one!
- Your education is not just about the exam; it is about what you have learnt for life, which goes for a long time past the exam date. But also, don’t worry, they will sort out the whole exam thing.
- We will do our best to support our team and young musicians who are losing their livelihood as well at this time and find ways to support you and direct you to others who can help.
- Look after your mind, switch off the news and social media when you need to, so you don’t lose all your focus to things that are out of your control.
- Look around your community for those who are isolated, elderly, or need support – see if you can find ways to be kind and help them – let’s come out of this with stronger communities.
- This is our 20th year but sometimes the 21st is an even bigger party!
We gathered a few links below to places that might have help for you:
Government guidance on what to do if you have symptoms, updates on their action plan, and there will be details on here of help available when it is sorted out:
Arts Council England, who fund us, are also looking at ways to help freelance artists at this time. Keep an eye on their website for details:
BBC have put together some info on helping your mental wellbeing at this time: